15 Simple Soccer Drills: Improve Soccer Mastery in 10 Minutes
15 Fast Footwork, Simple Soccer Drills That Can Improve Your Soccer Mastery in Under 10 Minutes Having a firm grasp on some key footwork drills can help your players become stronger competitors on the soccer field.With increased footwork ...
15 Fast Footwork, Simple Soccer Drills That Can Improve Your
Soccer Mastery in Under 10 Minutes
Having a firm grasp on some key footwork drills can help your players become stronger competitors on the soccer field.
With increased footwork skills you are also building your player’s mastery of soccer. This series of fast footwork drills is made to help beginners understand the fundamentals of ball control and to help more experienced players refine and practice the key skills that help them continue to excel in the game.
Each of these drills is easy to perform and only requires a minimal amount of space and a soccer ball. Each individual drill takes only 30 seconds to complete and provides for an additional 15 seconds of rest before the next drill begins.
With practice and repetition comes speed, so encourage your players and make sure they don’t feel bad for feeling a little uncoordinated at the onset of doing these drills. Best thing is, you’ll need no equipment other than than a ball…
And remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day!
Drill 1: The Squeeze
Place foot on top of the ball and push down. You next want to roll the ball from one foot to the other. Stop the ball with the receiving foot and repeat the process back to the next foot.
Drill 2: Foundations
This drill focuses on being able to pass the ball from one foot to the next. As you lightly tap the ball between each foot, keep the kicking foot on the ground and the other in the air ready to receive, stop, and return the ball.
Drill 3: Tick Tock Roll
This drill uses the foundation and squeeze drills you just practiced to pass the ball back and forth several times. The ball is passed from one foot using to the next. You should use the squeeze drill to receive it and then do one series of foundation skill before passing it back to the original foot.
Drill 4: Sole Taps Up and Back
Use the front of your foot to move the ball forward six paces total and then reverse and go back four. Alternate each foot as you go. This drill builds on the squeeze drill, though focuses on a different part of the foot used to stop the ball.
Drill 5: In and Out
- Start by using your right foot to pass the ball towards your left foot.
- Stop the ball with the inside of your left foot passing it back to the right
- Stop the ball with your left foot once again this time using the outside of the foot to bring the ball back the way it had just come.
- Stop the ball once more with the inside of your left foot and pass it back to the right foot.
- Stop it with the inside your right foot and then repeat the process.
Drill 6: Pullbacks
Pass the ball from right to left across your body. Stop the ball using the squeeze technique as you turn the receiving foot parallel with your body. Roll it back in the original direction and repeat.
Drill 7: Sole Roll
Start by passing the ball from the right foot to the left. Use the squeeze technique to stop the ball and then roll it back to the right using one the sole of your foot to move the ball.
Drill 8: Baby Vs
Start this drill with the ball in front of you and off to the left hand side. Using your right foot, reach across your body and use a reverse sole roll to draw the ball across your body. Stop the ball with the inside of your right foot and pass the ball out in front of you. Bring your left foot across your body and use the same reverse sole roll to continue the drill.
Drill 9: Pull Push
Pull the ball back towards you using your right foot. You’ll want to use the sole roll technique. Tap the ball forwards using your right foot. Stop it with your left foot and complete the same routine alternating feet.
Drill 10: Triangle RT
- Using the right foot, sole roll the ball back towards your body.
- Next cross your legs with your right foot coming behind your body.
- Stop the ball with the inside of your right foot and pass the ball forward.
- Stop the ball with your left foot using the squeeze technique and pass the ball back to the right.
Drill 11: Triangle Left
- Using the left foot, sole roll the ball back towards your body.
- Cross your legs with your left foot coming to the back this time.
- Stop the ball with the inside of your left foot and pass the ball forward.
- This time, stop the ball with a squeeze technique with your right foot and pass the ball back to the left.
Drill 12: Out in Out in
This drill requires two touches per foot for the drill to be completed for one cycle. Start by passing the ball to the left using the inside of your right foot. Continue the ball rolling in this direction by giving it a light tap using the outside of your left foot. Stop the ball with the inside of your left foot and pass back towards the right. Once more tap the ball with the outside of your right foot to complete the drill.
Drill 13: Out Out Step On
For this drill you will start by passing the ball from right to left using your right foot. Give the ball two taps using the outside of your right foot. Stop the ball from rolling by stepping on it using your right foot. Repeat using the left foot.
Drill 14: Step Overs
- Start this drill by passing the ball to the left using the outside of your left foot.
- Move your body to the left making sure to bring your right leg up and over the ball.
- Stop the ball with the outside of your right foot and pass the ball back to the right.
Drill 15: Scissors
Begin this drill with and outside tap using your left foot. Take one step to the left and then bring your left leg up and over the ball while bringing your right leg behind. Stop the ball with the outside of your right foot and then pass it back the way it came repeating the movements once more.